As the BI practice lead your primary responsibility will be setting the strategy and vision for the BI practice at DevFacto and for managing the day-to-day tactical operations. You will be responsible for all strategic, tactical, operational, and technical resource managerial responsibilities associated with the following BI and BI-related functional areas:
- Data preparation (sourcing, acquisition, integration)
- Data warehousing
- Reporting, analytics, data visualization & exploration
- Information delivery (portals, mobile)
You will lead the development and growth of our BI practice by establishing and executing a vision for the delivery of information and analytics platforms and solutions to our clients, by helping them leverage BI capabilities to enable their business and compete on analytics.
Practice growth and management
- Identify areas of expansion for our capabilities and consulting services.
- Collaborate with the Sales team, provide sales support on new opportunities.
- Drive continuous improvements to our delivery model.
- Build out best practices, methodologies and reusable patterns.
- Engage with the leadership team in strategic planning.
- Provide strong leadership to a high-performing team of technical specialists, and create an atmosphere of knowledge-sharing, learning, and collaboration.
- Be a trusted advisor to our clients, deliver expert advice and guidance.
- Determine business needs by selecting and applying appropriate approaches, tools, and techniques best suited to the client.
- Engage in project estimations using your technical knowledge and senior experience to inform the process.
- Oversee the implementation of solutions for multiple clients simultaneously.
- Serve as a technical expert representative across teams, clients, and the information technology industry.
- Be accountable for our cross-functional project team.
- Ensure project governance and project delivery best practices are adhered to.
- Define and guide the development of market-valued intellectual capital.
- Define and develop practical solutions and methodologies.
- Evangelize and enhance the reputation of DevFacto.
- Mentor and coach team members to their highest potential and create an atmosphere of knowledge-sharing, learning, and collaboration.
- Maximize team performance through an effective team approach that increases productivity and job satisfaction.
- Recruit and select new team members based on competencies and culture fit.
- A minimum of 10 years of demonstrated success as a leader of complex business or technology initiatives, a data-driven or highly analytical business environment with 5+ years in business intelligence.
- Strong ability to relate data to insight and to drive business decisions at all levels of the organization.
- Previous leadership experience in business intelligence and analytics solution development and implementation.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including coaching and development, with the ability to manage teams both virtually and locally.
- Extensive expertise in industry standard data integration, reporting and analytics platforms, and tools.
- Extensive expertise in data modeling, both logical and physical.
- Extensive experience in multidimensional data modeling.
- Experience in and understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes (governance, measurement, etc.).
- Experience with agile software development.
- Experience building and managing enterprise shared services related to business intelligence, data warehousing, and data analytics.
- A solid understanding of key BI trends.
- Development of educational programs that support the analytic needs of the organization through the effective use of the Business Intelligence tools and capabilities.
- Planning, documenting and managing the performance and deliverables of the business intelligence team.
General business skills
- Proven business savvy, and the ability to develop strong working relationships with business unit decision-makers and clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, accompanied by proven presentation skills in a corporate setting.
- Experience managing complex BI projects and teams.
- Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results at a fast pace results-driven work environment.
- Proven ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develop and execute strategies, and track and measure results.
- Proven strong negotiating and consensus building abilities.
If this sounds like a match made in heaven, we want to hear from you!
Note: DevFacto will not provide or sponsor for a work visa. Applicants must have the necessary authorization to be able to work in Canada. Preference will be given to local candidates.